The Best Alternative to Pet Friendly Hotels in Lancaster, PA & Surrounding Cities
If you can’t imagine leaving your pet behind when you travel, the Tailor’s Cottage at the Historic Smithton Inn provides great pet-friendly lodging accommodations. The Smithton is the perfect alternative to larger pet friendly hotels in Lancaster, PA as we treat you and your pet like family!
We accept small to medium-sized canine companions at our bed and breakfast. But note, there is only ONE guest room where pets are allowed (this does not apply to service animals with proper documentation), and prior approval is necessary. There are a handful of pet friendly hotels in Lancaster, PA, so we highly recommend booking as far ahead as possible to improve your chances of finding a room during the dates you need.
The Historic Smithton Inn has just a few simple rules, designed to keep all our guests (four-legged AND two-legged ones!) happy, safe and comfortable. Here they are:
- We need a heads-up. If you’re bringing a dog with you, even if you’ve booked the Tailor’s Cottage, we ask that you let us know ahead of time so our housekeeper isn’t caught off-guard.
- Pet Fee: We charge a small fee of $25 for pet-guests. We allow a max of 2 well-behaved dogs in the room. Sorry, no other types of pets are permitted. Pet owners will be liable for any out-of-the-ordinary cleaning bills or repairs, should they be required.
- Need those Vaccines: We require all pets staying with us to be vaccinated so please bring your paperwork with you or be prepared to call your vet as we may request proof from you.
- Help out our Housekeepers: We typically clean guest rooms between 9 am – 2 pm. If you’d like your room cleaned, your pet must be either be with you, crated, or not in the room. You can request a specific time for housekeeping if you know of a time you’ll be out of the room with your pet.
- Pets allowed in your room ONLY: I know, it’s crazy, but not all our guests like dogs, so we ask that you keep your pet in the Tailor’s Cottage only (even the lobby is off-limits), and please keep your pet leashed while on the grounds.
- We can deliver breakfast: If you’re uncomfortable leaving your pet alone in the room during breakfast, just let us know and we’ll deliver breakfast to you at no additional cost. Please just let us know the night before so we’re prepared for it.
- Home Alone: You know your pet and how well they’ll do if left alone in the room while you’re out at dinner or exploring. If there’s any chance your pet could become “destructive” while you’re out, we suggest you bring a crate or ask to use one of ours. And dogs “in distress” when the owner is out simply make us sad, so we’ll call you to remedy the situation if it occurs.
- Clean up after your pet: If you need a baggie just let us know and we’ll show you where you can easily dispose of it.
- So this has NEVER happened… please don’t be the first for us! If your pet is not kept in control or disturbs other guests, we reserve the right to take action which quite likely includes eviction.
I, _______________________________, understand and agree to follow the simple rules above. As the registered guest assigned to The Tailor’s Cottage, I agree that I’m responsible for my pet(s) and their actions. If it all goes badly wrong, I authorize the Historic Smithton Inn to charge my credit card for the pet fee, as well as any other extraordinary cleaning and/or repair charges deemed necessary by the Historic Smithton Inn to cover damages associated with pets in the room. I understand that if I do not follow these rules, the Inn reserves the right to take action including, but not limited to, eviction from the bed and breakfast without reimbursement of any kind.
Cell Phone #: _________________________________________