Ready to start your day with a delicious breakfast recipe that’s super-simple to prepare and easily scalable?Historic Smithton Inn
love it. Whether you need to feed one person or a group of 20, this recipe will start the day right – that is as long as you have enough pans and oven space for feeding the masses!
Then you’ve got to try this one. Our guests at the
Asparagus and Herbed Cheese Baked Eggs Recipe
- 12 asparagus spears, cut at a diagonal into 1/2 inch lengths
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced into strips (or grape tomatoes, cut in half)
- 1 round of Boursin soft herb cheese, cut into 1/6 wedges
- 12 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray either 6 large muffin tin cups or individual large ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Evenly divide the asparagus, green onions, and roasted red peppers between the cups.
- Crumble the herb cheese over the vegetables.
- Pour eggs over the vegetable-cheese mixture.
- Top each cup with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the cheese is begins to brown on top and the eggs are firmly set.
Hint: If the top is getting too brown before the eggs are fully cooked, cover with foil and continue baking.
Although this dish is perfect for breakfast or brunch, it’s known to be a crowd-pleaser any time of day. I hope you’ll make it at home for your family and friends. Enjoy – and let me know what you think about it!
By Rebecca Gallagher
Image courtesy of hin255 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net