As summer winds down, you might be setting your sights on some of the many indoor activities and attractions that Lancaster County offers. As the weather turns cooler, consider visiting our area’s renowned
performing arts centers where you’ll find quality live entertainment. Comedy, drama, musicals, bands, orchestras, and more…prepare to be “wowed”!
Here’s an update with some highlights of what’s happening on the Lancaster County entertainment scene in September and beyond:
Ephrata Performing Arts Center / Sharadin Bigler Theatre
– At the Historic Smithton Inn
|Photo from EPAC |
thrilled to be less than a mile from this marvelous local theater located in Ephrata’s Grater Park! From classics to new and edgy productions, they do it all with flair at EPAC. I guarantee you’ll be amazed by the talent here.
The Glass Menagerie
September 5-7, September 12-14 and September 18-21
October 17-19, October 24-26 and October 30-November 2
Fiddler on the Roof
November 5-7, November 12-14, and November 18-21
Sight & Sound Theatres
Sight & Sound
– Sight & Sound offers epic productions that are Biblically-based and beautifully
presently. Their shows appeal to locals and visitors of all religious backgrounds; the venue is truly breathtaking and magnificent. Most productions even feature live animals – always popular with children of all ages. Consider one of their backstage tours to see what goes on behind the scenes. In less than a half hour, you can travel from our Inn to Sight & Sound.
Now through November 2
Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre
– If you’re looking to relax, eat, and be entertained in one fell swoop, check
|Photo from Dutch Apple|
out Dutch Apple Dinner Theatre. It’s just 20 miles from the Historic Smithton Inn. And if you’ve already filled up on Lancaster County favorite foods for the day, you can choose to attend the theater performances without dinner.
Menopause the Musical
Now through October 5
How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying
October 10 – November 9
Rainbow Dinner Theatre
– Nope, you’re not seeing double; we have TWO dinner theaters less than a half
|Photo from Rainbow Dinner Theater|
hour away from our Inn! Rainbow Dinner Theatre specializes in hitting visitors’ funny bones just right with “all comedy…all the time.”
Fox on the Fairway
August 13 – October 26
– Travel just 30 miles from our B&B on Rte. 322 and you’ll arrive at Hershey Theatre. What will you find there? Shows of all varieties like musical concerts, Broadway productions, favorite classic films, and more.
For their list of upcoming events, visit their website
American Music Theatre
– If live music is your thing,
AMT is the place for you! No other venue in Lancaster County has a line up like they do! Plus, they regularly feature comedy and specialty performances as well. And when you stay at the Historic Smithton Inn, you can be there in just 20 minutes!
Broadway Now and Forever
September 4 – October 12
Three Dog Night
Fall Doo Wop Cavalcade
Herman’s Hermits: Featuring Peter Noone and Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees
– Besides being Central Pennsylvania’s premier regional theatre, Fulton Theatre is also a National Historic Landmark with the ambiance of exquisite Victorian architecture inside and out. The Fulton casts top-notch talent from the local community, New York and across the country, and they produce exceptional comedies, dramas and musicals.
The Woman in Black
October 15 – November 3
As you can see, the theater and entertainment options in Lancaster are varied and extensive! Get out and enjoy – and let me know what you liked best!