One of our favorite ways to show our appreciation to those
we hold near and dear at this time of year
is to give a gift from our kitchen. This sweet and salty recipe is one
I’ll bet your friends and family will “eat up,” too. Best of all,
it’s super easy to make.
Chocolate Nut Clusters Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 16 oz. unsalted peanuts
- 16 oz. salted peanuts
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 20 oz. peanut butter chips (quantity two 10 oz. bags)
- 1 lb. white almond bark
- Holiday colored sprinkles or “Jimmies”
How to make it:
- Layer all the ingredients in a large crockpot (starting with
- Turn the pot on low, cover with lid, and leave sitting for 2
- Remove lid and stir to combine ingredients.
- Replace lid and leave sitting for another 30 minutes.
- Stir again, and then spoon mixture on to wax paper or
non-stick aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle “Jimmies” on top.
- Allow to harden for at least 1 hour.
BE WARNED: There’s a reason this treat is affectionately
known as “Christmas Crack.” It’s positively addictive, so consume wisely!
By Rebecca Gallagher
Image courtesy of Feelart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net