Springtime is one of the best times to get out and enjoy what Lancaster County museums and historical sites
have to offer. What variety! Whether you’re a kid or a kid at heart, there are activities and events to capture your imagination and indulge your interest in days gone by.
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s happening at a few of our area museums over the next few months. Mark your calendars!
The Ephrata Cloister
– Almost in our back yard, the Ephrata Cloister has these springtime events on deck…
- Spring Search – Saturday April 12 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Your entire family can join in the fun and search for clues to Ephrata’s past. Follow the trail to the final prize!
- Mother’s Day – Sunday, May 11 from 1 to 3 p.m.
Treat mom to an afternoon tea with mothers from Ephrata’s past. This one is sure to create a unique and memorable Mother’s Day!
For more information and to see other upcoming events, visit the Ephrata Cloister website’s Events page
Landis Valley Museum
– Just 20 minutes from the Historic Smithton Inn, the Landis Valley Museum always gives visitors interesting and entertaining activities to savor.
James Buchanan’s Wheatland Estate
– Collocated with LancasterHistory.org, President James Buchanan’s Wheatland has some fascinating “Living History at Wheatland” presentations lined up that let you look into the triumphant and turbulent lives of historical figures.
- Life As It Is: James Buchanan Henry – Saturday, April 5 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
See Wheatland’s website’s Events page for details
- Harriet Lane- Democratic Queen – Saturday, May 3 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
about these upcoming events and others.
Whether you’re a history buff or simply like to get out and experience something fun and different, I hope you’ll check out some of these wonderful activities at sites that have such a meaningful place in our Lancaster County heritage.
By Rebecca Gallagher